Selective Laser Trabeculoplasty (SLT)
With our commitment in offering the best patient care, we wanted you to know about an exciting glaucoma therapy we’re offering at Precision Eye Care, Selective Laser Trabeculoplasty (SLT). SLT revolutionizes glaucoma therapy by offering a means to help treat glaucoma, without eye drops. Many of our glaucoma patients have already received this therapy. SLT uses a low energy laser made by Lumenis, Inc. SLT is performed with the Selecta laser, right here in our office. All you need is a standard appointment; the procedure itself only takes a few minutes. There are great advantages to using SLT, here are a few key benefits:
- SLT is not associated with common side effects of other glaucoma treatments.
- SLT may only need to be administered one time instead of daily drug regiments.
- SLT takes minutes to perform.
- SLT is not painful.
- SLT replicates the biological response of the body’s own natural process.
- SLT is covered by many insurance companies, including Medicare.
Most importantly, SLT is a safe and effective treatment. Thousands of eyes have been treated with SLT worldwide.
Please contact us today to make an appointment and learn more about the life improving benefits of SLT.